Download your copy of the C&BE Diploma content today!
The C&BE Diploma content document is the product of extensive consultation with key stakeholders including employers, HE, FE and providers carried out by the C&BE Diploma Development Partnership (DDP).
The document will form the basis of qualification development in partnership with awarding bodies. However, the development will be an iterative process and it is expected that the contents will continue to be revised in light of ongoing research and development by the DDP.
Download Content and Guidance 345kb PDF file
What will the Diploma do?
The C&BE Diploma will provide an exciting, motivating and relevant, broad-based programme of applied learning which will introduce young people to the fabric of construction and the built environment and demonstrate the impact they have on the lives of individuals and communities.
Young people who achieve the C&BE Diploma will gain a good insight into the physical extent and significance of construction and the built environment and the activities which shape, develop and influence it.
The C&BE Diploma will give young people a real alternative to traditional learning styles by offering an imaginative, high quality blend of general education and applied learning. The Diploma will take a young person wherever they want to go, whether that is to further or higher education or into the world of work.
Structure of the C&BE Diploma
The C&BE Diploma progressively builds up an understanding of the physical extent and significance of Construction the Built Environment industries.
The Diploma will operate at three levels:
Level One – provides a broad introduction to the nature and extent of the built environment, the factors influencing its design and construction and its impact on people and communities.
Level Two – provides an opportunity to develop and apply a range of skills and knowledge in relation to the design, creation, maintenance and use of the built environment.
Level Three – provides opportunities to analyse, evaluate and explore principles and practices relating to the social, economic and cultural contribution of the built environment and the wider factors influencing the design, creation, maintenance and management of the built environment.
The C&BE Diploma will:
- Give opportunities to practise and acquire essential functional skills in English, Mathematics and ICT which are relevant to the level and delivered and assessed in the context of construction and the built environment.
- Enable individuals to acquire relevant personal, learning and thinking skills in a construction and built environment context.
- Offer progression to other Diplomas, to transfer laterally and progress to further training, apprenticeships and education.
- Aid effective transition to further education, work-based learning or higher education and to adult and working life.
- Provide a motivating learning experience for individuals, through a blend of general education and applied learning within a coherent and motivating programme.
Further information about the Diploma content document can be obtained from:
Head of Standards and Qualifications,
Kings Lynn, Norfolk. PE31 6RH
More information about the 14-19 Specialised Diploma can be obtained from the 14-19 Gateway at www.dfes.gov.uk/14-19/ or by contacting Diploma@qca.org.uk